First, I applied various colours of distress oxide inks (tattered rose, picked raspberry, mermaid lagoon and blueprint sketch) direct to my glass cutting mat, and used a water brush to apply each colour to watercolour cardstock. I didn't have a dark enough colour for the top of the sky, so I used black watercolour paint instead.
I then spattered clean water from the water brush across the background to create the appearance of stars.
After leaving the background to dry, I used an anti static powder brush over the background and then stamped a large sentiment from the Gina K Baby Boy stamp set using Versamark ink. I applied white embossing powder and heat set it with a heat tool.
Next, I stamped the mountains on to black cardstock, again using Versamark ink, and heat embossed the image with white embossing powder. I fussy cut around the mountains and then applied them to the background panel using 3D foam tape for dimension.
Finally, I trimmed the background panel down to 3.75" x 5.5" and applied it to an A2 white notecard using tape runner.
- Distress oxide inks in tattered rose, picked raspberry, mermaid lagoon and blueprint sketch
- X-cut Tempered Glass cutting mat
- Tonic Studios A2 white notecard
- Daler Rowney Aquafine cold pressed watercolour cardstock (alternative)
- Black cardstock
- DR Aquafina 24 half pan travel watercolour paint set (alternative)
- Gina K Baby Boy stamp set
- Wow superfine white embossing powder (alternative)
- Versamark embossing ink pad
- docraft Papermania heat tool (alternative)
- anti-static powder
- MISTI stamping tool
- Double sided foam tape
- Gina K tape runner
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh