Halloween is just around the corner! I discovered the graveyard cupcakes dessert while I was visiting my friends in Nebraska around Halloween time. As soon as I saw this die set I knew that I had to create something similar. Enjoy this sweet, spooky treat.
1. Die cut the top portion of the cake with brown cardstock and black for the bottom. Add Tombow Mono glue on the tabs. Once assembled, I then used Black Soot distress ink for the bottom of the cake and Walnut stain distress ink for the top.
2. I poured Tombow Mono glue on the top portion of the cake and brushed it on evenly.
3. Once the glue was on, I used black glitter. You can also use the Nuvo glimmer Paste in Black Diamond if you don't have black glitter on hand.
4. For the tombstone, you'll need a grey cardstock cut to 1 inch by 2 inch. On the 2 inch side score at 1/4" and fold. Draw a half circle on each corner and cut. You can always use a small corner punch to give it a perfect curve on top. Decorate your tombstone how ever you like. I used Sakura Glaze Pen to draw the cracks and the word "R.I.P" and used Sakura Gelly Roll Medium White to give the cracks some highlights. Ink the edges with Black Soot distress ink. Add Tombow Mono glue on the 1/4 side and glue on top of the glittered cake
5. Here's the final look. Embellish it with any spooky items you have on your cake.
LAWN FAWN-CAKE SLICE BOX SKU : LF1973
TOMBOW MONO LIQUID GLUE SKU: 52195
TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS INK PAD - BLACK SOOT SKU: TIM 19541
TIM HOLTZ DISTRESS INK PAD - WALNUT STAIN SKU: TIM 19534
NUVO GLIMMER PASTE BLACK DIAMOND SKU: 952N