Hello, Hello! Shelly, here. Are any of you a quilter or have you tried quilting before? In all honesty, I'm not a quilter nor have I even tried quilting. But, let me just say, with Spellbinders Orange Peel Quilt embossing folder and Spellbinders Filigree Eight Point Star dies you can be a quilter and with paper!
At first, I was a little intimidated by the quilting dies and embossing folder. Though, after some playing around and learning how to piece things together, I truly can see why people enjoy quilting. In fact, I enjoyed things so much that I made two cards!
Let's get to making some quilted cards!
Card number one.
1. Start with white cardstock and the Orange Peel Quilt Embossing Folder. Then set aside.
2. Use the small Filigree Eight Point Star dies with colored cardstock of your choice. (In this case, I chose a dark/navy blue and bright pink cardstock.) Then piece together the dies, saving the middle pieces and setting aside.
3. Do some simple hot foiling for the sentiment using Spellbinders Spring into Glimmer Collection-Sentiments for Everyday and Gold glimmer hot foil.
4. Add the embossed panel to the card base. Then adhere the quilted star in the middle (with foam squares on the back) and add on the middle pieces around the star.
5. Lastly, add on the hot foiled sentiment with foam squares on the back.
That's it! Card one, done. So fun, right?
Let's get to card number two!
1. Start with white cardstock and use the big and small Filigree Eight Point Star dies and set things aside.
2. Use gold glitter cardstock (or a cardstock of your choice) and use the Filigree Eight Point Star dies to get the decorative middle part of the star. Set things aside.
3. Layer and adhere all the die cut pieces together. Set aside.
4. Hot foiling time! Use Gold glimmer hot foil with Spellbinders Spring into Glimmer Collection-Sentiments for Everyday. Set aside.
4. Adhere the star to a square card base, add on the center star with foam squares on the back. Add on hot foiled sentiment with foam squares on the back.
That's it. Card number two, done! Sweet, right?
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Enjoy your day!
Products used: Spellbinders-Orange Peel Quilt Embossing Folder, Spellbinders-Filigree Eight Point Star dies, Spellbinders-Spring into Glimmer Collection Sentiments for Everyday, Spellbinders-Glimmer Hot Foil Gold, Lawn Fawn-Glue Tube, 3L Scrapbook Adhesives-Foam Squares, Tombow-Mono Adhesive Permanent Dispenser.