Hello, crafty friends.
Today, I am sharing this cupcake shaker card. It is super easy and fun to make. Let's get started!
Here is how to make it:
1.Cut down a pink cardstock to measure 4.25 x 5.5 inches. Die cut a scalloped frame die with an inverted scalloped circle in the center from a white cardstock. Cut a patterned paper to go behind the scalloped circle. Set aside these papers for now.
2. Time to create the shaker part. You will need a clear acetate sheet cut just a little bit smaller than the scalloped frame. Using a double-sided tape, adhere the acetate behind onto the white cardstock.
3. For the shaker bits, you can use any sequins and there are so many fun colors to choose from. Feel free to mix and match. You can also use nail glitter confetti, beads, or even make your own paper confetti by using a hole puncher.
4. To raise the white cardstock high enough so that there is room for the confettis to move around, add adhesive foam squares around the scalloped circle and the white cardstock, and then stick it on the pink cardstock.
Once everything is adhered, feel free to test out the shaker! But we are not done.
Let's make a cupcake using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Cupcake Die. Now is the best time to use up scrap papers. I used the same pink cardstock as the base for the cupcake, brown cardstock for the cupcake liner, and red for the little heart on top.
5. Put the cupcake die together and glue onto the clear acetate.
6. Using black ink, stamp the word "birthday" (can be from any stamp set that has the word "birthday") and die cut the word "happy" from a colored cardstock. The one I used is a word die from Mama Elephant.
This card was so much fun to make and I hope that you are inspired to recreate it!
Have a happy day!!!