This scene makes me feel like I’m in a country cottage…and I can almost smell the lavender and wood! My card features the lovely Honey Bee Stamps – Country Lavender stamps and dies.
- First, I embossed the white cardstock base layer with Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Brickwork by Tim Holtz. I embossed the right side using the entire length of the embossing folder and then embossed the remainder of the layer.
- I created the window by cutting dark brown cardstock with Honey Bee Stamps – Barn Wood Planks dies and cutting the planks into ¼ “ strips. I assembled the strips into a square then a cross in the center. I layered light blue cardstock behind this created ‘window’ and adhered it all to the card.
- Using the Honey Bee Stamps – Barn Wood Planks dies, I cut dark brown cardstock and adhered planks along the bottom of the window and across the card.
- The flowers, vase and bucket images are Copic colored. I assembled the florals in the holders as shown and popped up the bouquets in front of the window using Scrapbook Adhesive Crafty Foam Tape.
- On the other side of the card, I stamped and colored the flowers and sign. The ‘hello’ words of the sign were stamped and diecut separately then colored with a Copic marker before being adhered to the sign image.
- Using another strip of the barn wood planks, I tied and adhered bunches of flowers to the strip and popped it up onto the card. I then popped up the sign to the end of the strip.
- To finish, I adhered a couple flowers to the bottom, right of the card.
Copic Sketch Markers:
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh