Hoot Hoot Hooray! Are you celebrating someone special today?
Birthday cards are my favorite kind to make! I love celebrating birthdays and sending a handmade card to a special friend.
If you’re a fan of owls, you’re going to love this new set from Avery Elle. These adorable little party animals are a “hoot” and they’re ready to help you send some birthday wishes!
Treat yourself to the Avery Elle Hoot Hoot Hooray set, from the Scrapbook Pal online store, and follow these step by step instructions to create this project:
- Cut your card base, from cardstock, to 8.5” x 6”. Fold in half.
- Choose a patterned paper, cut to 4.25” x 6” and adhere to front of card.
- Choose coordinating patterned paper and card stock for the second layer.
- Cut your cardstock to 3.75” x 5.5”. Cut the second patterned paper to 3.5” x 5.25”.
- Adhere together and then adhere to the front of your card.
- Stamp and die cut your images.
- Color with Copic markers.
- Cut a small frame or a second cardstock and patterned paper panel to approximately 2.5” x 4.5” and adhere to the front of your card. This will be the base for your die cuts.
- Using foam dots, arrange and adhere your die cuts to the front of your card.
- Additional Tip: For a fun effect, stamp and color several balloons for a balloon bouquet.
Happy Crafting! Mary Jo