Hi crafty friends!! Today i’ll be sharing a fun new way to use some of my favorite Lawn Fawn dies with felt instead of paper!! These sweet treat bookmarks can be customized & accessorized in lots of cute ways depending on the dies you use. Bookmarks make a great addition to any summer reading list, are perfect for motivating kids to read more, AND you can even use them to dress up your planner!! I hope you enjoy this cool summer project. For all of the sweet details check out my easy step by step guide below, and have fun!!
1. First, I used a mix of Lawn Fawn Stitched Cupcake, I Scream You Scream, and Outside In Stitched Mug die sets. I chose a few fun bits and pieces from each set and cut them from acrylic & wool felt.
2. I then added details to the die cut felt using coordinating colors of Copic markers. I love using Copics for this type of project because it makes the felt come to life when you add tiny details.
3. Next I cut a few pieces of ribbon from my stash to coordinate nicely with the colors of felt I chose for each sweet treat.
4. I assembled all the bits and pieces together using hot glue.
5. Lastly, once my goodies were assembled, I embellished the treats with an assortment of Stickles glitter glue, Nuvo drops, and a few clay embellishment bits here and there to make them look extra yummy.
And that’s it!! There are so many fun combos you can do with these versatile dies, and other Lawn Fawn dies you might have in your stash. Using Lawn Fawn dies with felt is so super adorable and I hope you'll give it a try for yourself. The products I used are listed below for easy reference. Have fun creating.
Assorted Colors of Acrylic Felts
Clay Embellishment Bits
Copic Markers in coordinating colors to match with the felt I chose