Santa Claus is diving deep into the sea to spread holiday cheer to his underwater friends.
Step 1: Ink blend two 4¼ x 5½ white cardstock panels with Distress Oxide inks using a blender brush. One layer will be the background, and the other will be the sea cave opening.
Step 2: Cut out the sea cave opening with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Pond die.
Step 3: Use a stiff paint brush to flick on a mixture of water and Lawn Fawn Liquid Stardust on both panels.
Step 4: Create the images:
- Stamp out the images using a Copic friendly ink.
- Color with Copic markers.
- Add Glitter Pen details.
- Die cut them out with the coordinating dies.
Step 5: Create the pull tab:
- Die cut the slit opening on the back panel two times to create a long slit.
- Die cut the pull tab mechanism and insert it into the slit from the back of the panel
- Die cut the notch on the panel where the pull tab meets the bottom edge.
- Trim the pull tab attachment to fit the Santa die cut image.
- Die cut and glue the sleeve, slip it around the pull tab, and adhere it to the back of the panel to secure the pull tab.
- Cut off any extra pull tab at the bottom of the card.
- Die cut a pull tab handle, as well as the left over notch, adhere them together to the pull tab at the bottom of the panel.
- Adhere Santa to the mechanism.
Step 6: Add foam tape to the back of the sea cave opening, leaving space for the pull tab to move freely.
Step 7: Adhere the submarine to the sea cave to hide any portion of Santa that is showing.
Step 8: Arrange and adhere the die cut images in and around the cave.
Step 9: Add the sentiment:
- Prepare the area with an anti-static powder tool.
- Stamp the sentiment using clear embossing ink.
- Sprinkle white embossing powder onto the stamped sentiment.
- Brush away any stray embossing powder.
- Melt the powder with a heat tool.
Step 10: Adhere the back panel to a top folding notecard.
Pull the tab several times to make sure it moves freely.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh