Wouldn’t it be a delightful surprise to be walking through the woods and come upon this magical place?! It really is a ‘happy trail’! See below for how I created this card…
- My first steps use the Sizzix Christmas Shadow Box die set. To start, I cut a 4.25” x 5.5” piece of light blue cardstock and adhered two tree die cuts cut from kraft cardstock.
- I then die cut the arch out of a 4.25” x 5.5” piece of brown cardstock.
- Using the arched trees die, cut kraft paper and adhered it to the back of the brown cardstock with the arch cut out.
- I lined the back of the tree/arch piece with Scrapbook Adhesive Crafty Foam Tape.
- There is a small hill die in the set which I used to cut kraft cardstock and added it to the bottom of the trees.
- I adhered this piece to the blue cardstock piece.
- Then, I adhered these two pieces to the card base.
- Now came the really fun stuff! Using the new Sizzix Quirky Animals die set, I die cut the adorable animals, leaves and flowers from various color cardstock and assembled them. The flowers are cut from white cardstock and Copic colored. I blended some pink ink onto the bunny’s belly, cheek and tips of his ears.
- I then arranged the leaves, flowers and animals as shown to fully create the woodsy forest scene!
- To finish, I used a sentiment from Honey Bee Pickup Lines stamp set which I gold embossed on brown cardstock, cut out with the Honey Bee Pickup Lines dies and adhered to the left, bottom of the card.
Copic Sketch Markers:
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh