Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope you’re spending your Saturday crafting something special.
I’m sharing this sweet card using the new, Spellbinders Adoring Fleurette Card Building Dies. This die set is so versatile and has endless possibilities. The detail is amazing and the components allow you to create everything from borders to pockets, and beautifully intricate panels for your cards.
Follow these step by step instructions to create this project:
- Create card base from cardstock 8.5” x 6”. Fold in half.
- Cut a patterned paper block 4.25” x 6”. Adhere to the front of card.
- From coordinating colored cardstock, cut a panel 4” x 5.75”. Using the fleurette die panel, die cut the panel as shown.
- The next step is to create the curved flap using the curved “v” shape die.
- Using a scoring blade, score a line from left to right where the cuts end on your cardstock. This will create the flap for your sentiment later.
- Adhere this piece to the front of your card.
- Die cut your sentiment using the “Adoring You” die. Die cut several, from various colors, for layering. I used (4) layers, but you could use more or less depending on your design.
- When gluing the layers together, shift each die cut slightly to the right to create your layering effect and see each color.
- Adhere the sentiment under the flap on the front of your card.
- Using the small, floral dies, die cut the vine and flowers from coordinating cardstock colors.
- Adhere to the top left of your card.
- Embellish card with pearl jewels.
Happy Crafting! Mary Jo