Hello crafty friends, this is Cassie Trask back with another project to share with you! I’ve been so excited to make this Valentine’s home décor project that ends up being a countdown to Valentine’s Day, and it was really so easy. I have some steps for you if you’d like to give it a try!
1. Stamp out your Lawn Fawn images using some Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The stamps I used were the Llama Tell You stamp, the Octopi My Heart stamp, the RAWR stamp, the I Love You(calyptus) stamp, and the Stinkin’ Cute stamp.
2.Next I colored them with my Copics and used their matching dies to cut each one out.
3.Using the Lawn Fawn Heart Treat Box, I die cut 7 boxes, 7 hearts, and 28 rectangles (only 14 cuts) from a light pink cardstock. Then I repeated that using a dark pink cardstock.
4.Next I cut 5 pieces of white cardstock down to 1.5 inch squares. I stamped the various sentiments from the different Lawn Fawn sets onto each square.
5.Now it was time to assemble my boxes. I folded each box along their score lines and adhered them together using some 1/8” Scrappy Tape. I then adhered the hearts and rectangles to each box using some Tombox Mono Multi liquid adhesive.
6.I picked 5 of the boxes to adhere a critter to and used the Scrapbook Adhesive Crafty Foam Tape on one side of the hearts.
7.For the remaining 9 boxes I cut out hearts from the Lawn Fawn Candy Hearts dies. I also cut out matching numbers from the Lawn Fawn Finley’s 123’s dies. Those were adhered with foam tape to one side of the fronts of the remaining boxes.
8.Next I cut out 110 conversation hearts (yes, 110) out of white cardstock using the Candy Hearts dies. I adhered those to a piece of 12 x 12 white cardstock. You could skip this whole step, but I think it really adds to the finished piece.
9.I arranged the boxes in the shape of a heart onto my 12 x 12 piece. Once I was happy with the placement, I added Velcro coins to the backs of each box and adhered those to my piece.
10.To finish the piece I took a 12 x 12 shadow box frame and removed the glass. Everything was placed in the frame and it is now ready to display!
I hope you’ll give it a try!