These squirrels are happy to share an abundance of appreciation with a thank you card! This blog and video features stamping, die cutting, Copic coloring, and assembling a lift the flap thank you card.
Create the Front Panel:
1. Die cut a piece of white cardstock with Lawn Fawn’s Lift the Flap Tree Backdrop.
3. Cut a piece of patterned paper from Lawn Fawn’s Into the Woods Remix to 4.25”x5.5”.
Stamp and color the images:
1. In the MISTI, position four of the squirrels, acorn and leaf pile images from Lawn Fawn’s Let’s Go Nuts on
2. Shut the door of the MISTI to pick up the stamps.
3. Ink them with Copic friendly ink (Lawn Fawn Jet Black).
4. Shut the door of the MISTI to apply the ink to the paper.
5. Color the images with Copic Markers.
6. Cut out the images using the coordinating Lawn Cuts.
7. Stamp, color, and cut out two extra acorn piles and four extra leaf piles.
Create a Background for the Lift the Flap Trees:
1. Ink blend Ground Espresso Distress Ink onto white cardstock.
2. Cut pieces of the inked cardstock to fit behind each tree, covering the opening.
3. Position and glue the squirrels and acorn piles onto the background pieces.
4. Glue the backgrounds to the back of the trees.
Create the Sentiment:
3. Cut out the “Thanks” using the coordinating Lawn Cuts, and cut the other sentiment into a .25” strip.
4. Color the “Thanks” with Copic markers.
5. Cut a strip of orange cardstock .5” longer than the “Thanks” .
6. Punch small holes on both ends of the orange cardstock using a craft pick.
7. Thread hemp cord through the holes and tie a knot in each one on the front of the orange strip.
8. Cut the hemp cord leaving enough string to tuck behind the front panel.
Complete the card:
1. Adhere the Tree Backdrop to the patterned paper using Lawn Fawn’s Glue Tube.
2. Position and glue the leaf piles at the bottom of the Tree Backdrop.
3. Glue the sentiment strip and one squirrel on top of the leaves.
4. Attach the hemp cord to the back of the panel using Scrappy tape.
5. Add Scrappy tape to the back of the panel and attach it to a 4.25”x5.5” notecard.