What’s up Dog?! This is my teenage son’s current catch phrase (said with a cheeky smile!), so I couldn’t wait to add it to these super, fun artist trading cards!
This project is fun, fast and allows you to be creative in so many ways. Your cards can be as simple or as intricate as you like. To hold my ATC’s, I’m using a 7 Gypsies vintage drawer that I’ve had for years and just love. You could use a wooden box, basket, or any trinket in any shape.
Be sure to scroll all the way through the instructions for a bonus photo of the *hazards of trying to photograph your projects! =)
Treat yourself to the My Favorite Things Dog Squad set, from the Scrapbook Pal online store, and follow these step by step instructions to create this project:
- Cut your artist trading cards to the size needed. My 7 Gypsies box will hold cards that are 3” wide and any height, so I cut them to 3”x4”. I cut about 10 cards.
- Be sure to use varying cardstock colors for your cards if you’d like a colorful display. For a monochromatic look, choose white or a single color.
- Stamp and color multiple images.
- Die cut your images and set aside for placement later.
- Using patterned paper, cover several of your cards with a variety of designs.
- You can also stamp background images to your cards instead of using paper.
- Add your images to the cards, creating scenes or simple cards with your die cuts.
- Add sentiment strips to a few cards.
- Get creative! My favorite card is the yellow frame with the Dog portrait.
- Arrange your cards in the drawer or trinket box. This would make a cute gift for a friend!
Thanks for joining us today! One last bonus photo, occupational hazard of trying to photograph your projects with a little guy who needs to be in the picture =)
Happy Crafting! Mary Jo
My Favorite Things - Clear Stamps - Dog Squad
My Favorite Things - Die-namics - Dog Squad
My Favorite Things - Die-namics - Dog House
Copic – Sketch Marker – Cadmium Red – R27-s
Copic – Sketch Marker – Lipstick Red – R29-s
Copic - Sketch Marker - Cool Gray No. 5 - C5
Copic - Sketch Marker - Neutral Gray No. 8 - N8
Copic - Sketch Marker - Royal Blue - B28
Copic - Sketch Marker - Cocoa Brown - E74
Beacon Adhesives - 3-IN-1 Advanced Craft Glue
3L - Scrapbook Adhesives - 3D Foam Squares - White
Tsukineko - Memento Full Size Dye Inkpad - Tuxedo Black