Hello crafty friends! Hope that you are having a great start to the week! If not, it’s the weekend in two days! Farhana from Everyday Engineered here today to share a fun rainbow card with you! Sometimes I love making layered and detailed cards, but sometimes you just have 10 mins to craft, so here’s some inspiration for such a situation!
To create this card :
1. I started my ink blending a rainbow on an A2 sheet of bristol smooth card stock. I used Distress Oxide Inks in Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, and Wilted Violet.
2. Next I die cut the candles from the My Favorite Things Celebrate with Cake multiple times from the rainbow inked cardstock.
3. I die cut the flames from some scrap cardstock backed with low tack tape so it stays in place so that I could color it using copic markers in Y13 and Y38.
4. I embossed a sentiment from the My Favorite Things Celebrate Everything stamp set using VersaFine Onyx Black and clear embossing powder.
5. Using the negative as a guide, I adhered the candle die cuts to the card front with the embossed sentiment.
6. Lastly, I added the candle flames and covered them with glossy accents to add a little dimension.
Thanks for following along today! I hope that this card inspires you to create something!
Till the next time, take care!
Products used on this card :
My Favorite Things Celebrate with Cake die set
My Favorite Things Celebrate Everything stamp set
copic markers :
- Distress oxide inks :
- Worn Lipstick
- Wild Honey
- Twisted Citron
- Peacock Feathers
- Wilted Violet
- VersaFine Onyx Black
Lawn Fawn clear embossing powder
Ranger glossy accents