Today I'm sharing a spooky fun hot cocoa shaker card featuring those great ghosties from Booyah and the new stitched mug die and frame. I thought it would be fun to make the ghosts like the steam coming out of the mug and some spooky elements in the shaker. Here's how I did it.
1. Die cut pieces: 1 stitched mug from black and 1 from acetate, 6 stitched mug frames from black, 1 spoon from gray or silver, 1 frosting from white.
2. I adhered all the mug frames to the solid mug except for 1, that was glued to the acetate mug. Fill the shaker well with whatever you like and adhere the acetate piece on top to seal your shaker piece.
3. I used the ink smooshing method with Tombow brush markers to create a faux watercolor background on watercolor paper. Once it was dry, I trimmed it to 4x5.25 and adhered it to a black card base with foam tape.
6. Adhere frosting (whipped cream) and spoon to the back of your mug shaker and attach it to the card front. Then pop up ghosts with foam squares. Last, I used a glue pen to hide my glue behind the embossing lines on the sentiment banner and put a clear block on it while it dried.
7. For finishing touches, I added glossy accents to the witch hat buckle and spider, black glaze pen to the frankenghost's eyes and white gel pen accents throughout the images.
I hope you enjoyed my project and found some inspiration to create something fun! I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!